Children will have hours of fun playing with El the Elephant. Knitted in DK yarn on smaller needles to keep the weave tighter so that no stuffing can be seen nor pulled out by small fingers. Also great to make gifts and fair products to sell. Knitted flat with 3.5mm (US #5) knitting needles to give that tight weave
A quick knit elephant with a rug on its back and either water or grass from its trunk. The body is worked in purl and garter stitch, with an easy to follow, Step by Step instructions. An adorable and durable elephant toy that will be forever cherished and your memory will live on
Best of all no need to weave in the yarn tails as it all can be used as part of the stuffing!
Original was knitted using DK yarn – Bergere de France Barisienne
#Dolmen (light grey), #Vitrain (dark grey), #Geranium (Red), #Petrole (Blue), #Prairie (Green), #Cupucine (Pink), #Mellisse (Ivory)
- Yarn: Body – 1 ball each of dark grey, lighter grey, small amount of pink and ivory
- Rug and grass (water) – 1 ball of red, blue (Green)
- 2 x 8mm glass beads or 2x10mm black buttons for eyes
- 3.5mm (US 4) single pointed needles, knitting needles
- Polyester bubble toy filling
- 2 spare needles or 2 stitch holders
- Yarn needle and scissors
20 sts and 30 rows over 10x10cm (4x4ins) in garter stitch
Finished size: Approximately – Height 20cm(8ins) 22cm Length (8 3/4 ins)
As with all my patterns, as a gift to you, included in your instant downloadable .pdf pattern is a print-to-cut out & make matching envelop, to store your pattern
There are no reviews yet.